Amazing, I'm also making a game in this style. :)
A downloadable game for Windows and Linux
Blast off into space! Help Monica and her team explore the galaxy, fight off hordes of enemies, and clean up the mysterious cosmic gel in this retro-arcade inspired action shooter!
To The Stars!
The planet of Mythandra is under attack! Your team has been assigned by Railway Industries to clean up the mysterious gel that's plaguing the planet, as well as deal with alien invaders. Your mission will take you around the galaxy, but what secrets lie out there in deep space...
Clear The Way!
Fight off endless formations of enemies while traveling between various worlds. Get powerups, upgrade your blaster, and square off against huge bosses. Enemies will be merciless with their attacks, but there's more than one way to defend against them!
Dodge Bullets? Nah, Block Them!
Using the Gel Spreader, you can block incoming bullets. Or, grab the Deflector and repel bullets away! There's many ways to handle incoming enemy attacks. Or, if you prefer , enable Shmup Mode to move at half speed and dodge enemy attacks with high precision!
- Retro-inspired graphics with a faithful 8bit soundtrack (2A03+VRC6)
- Various upgrades for your blaster that change your shot type, as well as firing missiles.
- Special moves you can swap out, which allow you to fire gel to protect yourself, or deflect enemy bullets back at them!
- Several different gameplay modes that challenge you in different ways. How fast can you clear 20 formations? How many can you clear in 2 minutes?
- Team up with a friend for 2 player* co-op, or compete against each other!
- Bonus fun modes like shooting balloons, or the Freedraw Canvas, which allows you to draw your own art!
- Different screen borders, aspect ratios, and TATE mode. Play the game however you like!
- Difficulty adjustment and dynamic difficulty. The game will automatically adjust itself to your skill level.
- Several other options, including accessibility options and input remapping.
*2 player is local only. Requires a gamepad and keyboard, or two gamepads.
If you want to help support development of the game, please consider supporting me on Patreon! Patrons get access to development builds of the game as I work towards bringing it to completion.
Come hang out with us on Discord!
|11 days ago
|Arcade, Pixel Art, Retro, Roguelite, Shoot 'Em Up, Short, Singleplayer
|About a half-hour
|Keyboard, Xbox controller, Gamepad (any)
|1 - 2
|Steam, Patreon, Homepage
This game is currently unavailable
- Cosmogelica Dev Update 2/15/2411 days ago
- Cosmogelica Glow Up (Light Dev Update)28 days ago
- Poll Results + Dev Update60 days ago
- (Poll) Thoughts about Stage DesignNov 18, 2023
- 111723 Cosmogelica BuildNov 17, 2023
- Re-Scoping CosmogelicaNov 04, 2023
- Development Update 10/23/23Oct 24, 2023
- Development Update 10/9/23Oct 09, 2023
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
I didn't know there was a shmups forum haha, and I don't want to just log in and be like "LOOK AT MY GAME" but if you or anyone reading this wants to post about it, feel free 🥺
Most polished early access game I've ever played.
Well done ^^ I love the presentation and the game feels really tight.
Thank you so much! Yea that's why I decided to put it up, I mainly just have to put the rest of the enemies and bosses and stuff now, all the core stuff is solid I think
Good stuff!! 🥰
Being able to flip my monitor vertical for this game kind of totally rules tbh
Zapraszamy do zapoznania się z tym nieoficjalnym polskim tłumaczeniem gry: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1r7L8KRq41dZn5eVzFqr40528Z6G9HgE4/view?usp=shari...
Please enjoy this unofficial Polish translation of the game! :)
Wait, I thought this had a demo because of SAGE :c
edit: OH IT COMES OUT IN FOUR DAYS
This looks really cool!! Looking forward to the future demo!
Looking forward to seeing this! I love making cute arcade games like this so interested to see how this developes!