Bugs Banished from the Great Forest Update
Howdy! Earlier today I posted a new build. A lot of people tried it out and enjoyed it, and I'm happy! However, I received quite a few bug reports. In addition to those, I took this time to fix a few bugs that I found as well. This is not a big update, but it's recommended you download it for the smoothest experience!
===== NEW =====
- You can now view the Fish Scales and LANCE letters you've collected in the current room on the pause screen, as well as how many Pretty Petals you have.
- Lance's swimming animation has been improved: he now bobs up and down with the flow of the water.
===== IMPROVED =====
- The Dev Console has been moved to only allow activation if debug mode is allowed.
- The Save Menu allows you to leave it by pressing "Cancel" now instead of going up to the "Back" option, in case you didn't actually want to save.
- The game now shows where you touched or clicked on the screen. Lance will be moved relative to the direction you drag your mouse or finger in.
- The amount of time you need to walk toward the edge of a cliff to jump off has been reduced from 60 frames to 30 frames.
===== BUG FIXES =====
- "Load Game" would show on the title screen when there were no save files except for the autosave file in slot 0. This has been fixed.
- Fixed an issue where Lance's shield would persist between indoor/outdoor transitions. The game now properly cleans up any of Lance's abilities before he goes indoors/outdoors.
- Fixed an issue where the game would crash when you first save the game. (The game did actually save, though.)
- The "Escape" key now only allows you to use it during regular gameplay (so not on the title screen or during a minigame.)
- Fixed an issue where menu titles would draw at the wrong Y offset at certain upscale intervals.
- Fixed an issue where, when "Use Hi Res Assets" was turned off, the game would show in the wrong spot.
- Fixed issues regarding upscaling the game in general.
- Fixed an issue where the game wouldn't remember your setting if you had the Upscale method set to "Fractional (Fast)."
- Fixed the environment hitbox for Lance's shield. Now it should fit inside tiny gaps again.
- Fixed where Lance's Health and Magic etc wouldn't show after playing the Cosmic Defender minigame.
- Lance is now considerate and doesn't leave footprints on rugs.
- Fixed an issue where pausing the game could sometimes cause Lance's footsteps to not make any sound anymore until you go indoors/outdoors.
- Fixed an issue where Lance's footsteps wouldn't play properly when he walks on a wooden surface.
- Changed the game to allow touch input on menus again (You will have to drag to move the cursor - touching the menu options directly won't work anymore.)
- Fixed an issue where the game would reset the touch point when going between rooms.
- Renamed included controller configuration files to start with "gp_" to prevent issues with operating systems that don't allow files names to start with a number.
- Fixed the game spamming the message about "tilemap_get" in the terminal window on Linux while on the title screen (Don't know if there's a way to get this output in Windows but it wont show up there either.)
- Fixed the camera having non-integer positioning during screen transitions, causing slight shimmering on the screen.
- Fixed a bug that caused all trees and grass to disappear when going indoors/outdoors.
- Fixed issue where trees could pop in/out of view for a single frame during screen transitions.
- Fixed an issue where the player gained control of Lance before room enter/exit transitions had played. Additionally fixed a related issue with the player regaining control of Lance too soon after unpausing the game.
- Fixed an issue where resizing the game window could cause a huge spike in processor usage.
- Fixed an issue where certain things (like the start menu and Lance's health background) wouldn't draw on Linux.
- This also fixed the Pause Menu transition and certain other transitions not showing up.
- Fixed the "Loading" text drawing in the wrong spot at certain window sizes.
- Fixed Patrons names drawing outside of the game window.
- Fixed where the game would fail to recognize adding or removing gamepads while it's loading.
===== Known Bugs =====
- Sometimes grass will cast a shadow on Lance, even after it has been cut.
Thank you guys for playing Shield Cat! I hope you look forward to the next build, where the cave will open up...
Thanks to these patrons below and everyone else who has helped make Shield Cat possible so far:
Accalia, Shadow8t4, Caliburn Absolute, Chris Badger, David Wolfpaw, Spyduck, Fao, Flake, FoxyDude, Rix, Holly 'Frinkel' Lotor, GamerRat (Jan), Gri, Goronhead, Holly Hoppet, Hulex Fox, Kirbizard, Trash, LF, LexiTheTT, Luna, Durk Vash, Markus Joseph Kitsinger , Marlyn, Mello the Ferret, Leon P, Nenekiri Bookwyrm, NovaSquirrel, Otarine, Cam D'Arcy, Saiai, Saxxon Fox, Ansel Geisel, Susan Tolias, Vivee, jay jorts, Kazy, keeri, megaRammy, raine, SUSHiCLAWS,
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.