012221 Shield Cat Build
Howdy! Coming at you guys with a new build today. Check it out!
Here are the patch notes for the build release:
===== NEW =====
- You can now go into Lance's house!
- There are now ambient sounds in the game. There is a new audio configuration index for these environmental sounds!
- There's now a menu! It's very basic, but it works, and that's the important part! Pretty much all available options are in the menu now (Except gamepad/keyboard remapping, which will come later) so it is no longer necessary to edit main.ini
- The menu is themeable! Several themes created by the community are included. If you come up with one, please let me know!
- You can now adjust the game's brightness (in the PostProcess settings)
- All other options which were previously only available by editing main.ini are now in the menu.
- You can now adjust the game's difficulty! Stats for Lance and enemies as well as enemy AI change depending on the difficulty level, as well as drop rates for petals and health.
- You can now have the game draw hitboxes by enabling the Debug Overlay and pressing F1. They'll continue to be drawn even if you close the debug overlay.
===== IMPROVED =====
- Lance will now respawn faster in areas that are a single screen in size.
- Lance's footstep sounds for dirt and stone have been replaced with less intrusive sounds.
- Add additional checks for the game to try to ignore non-gamepads (mainly for Linux.)
- Input debug screen now shows input and strings for the keyboard as well.
- Audio fades in and out properly when going indoors/outdoors.
- The reflections are complete now! Parts of the environment like tall trees and whatnot can be viewed now, and the reflection is also animated.
- XInput players are now set based on the XInput player slot they're assigned to (0 through 3) instead of the configuration for the controller.
- Audio balancing is now much improved for people with surround sound setups.
===== RESTORED FEATURES =====
- Moving platforms have returned! Now you actually have to time your spins across gaps, because I marked them all as pit environments.
- Lance will now correctly drop petals when he falls.
- Lance's Mini Meter is back. It will show up whenever Lance loses health or magic.
- Small birds are now back! They hop around, but if you approach them quickly, they'll fly away.
- The grandfather clock returns. Now you can know what time it is while playing.
- Vibration is now back! You can adjust the strength for individual controllers or disable it entirely by editing the config files for now.
- The bumpers are back! However depending on how far along I get in development before I put a new build, you may or may not see them. If not, just know they're there heh
- Gates and levers are back! Now you actually have to play properly, sorry.
- However, saving and loading is back! Currently it defaults to slot 0, which you can change in the INI file. The game will currently automatically save and load, since Willow doesn't have dialogue scripts yet.
- The game will remember which scales you've collected, as well as how many petals you've collected and which gates you've opened.
- You can quit the game by pressing the Escape key.
- The forest room music from the SAGE demo is now back! It's not the intended music for this area, but at least it's nice to hear some music in the game again. (I'll be putting the intended music when I'm done composing it)
- Health fish now appear in the grass and drop from certain enemies.
- Locks and keys are back! If you encounter a lock, try looking for a key!!
===== CHANGED =====
- The indoors/outdoors transition has been improved and is now the spiral transition I've been wanting to do forever but didn't know how to.
===== BUG FIXES =====
- Removed debug function that was accidentally left in (Pressing P attempts to teleport you to a different area.) Related but the teleporting function works now, so debugging is not necessary.
- Squirrels can no longer run over pits.
- Fixed both parts of extending bridge not extending when gears are hit.
- Fixed ravens dropping petals (as they can drop petals out of bounds.)
- Fixed Lance's spin costing magic on the first spin when it's supposed to be free.
- Fixed Lance's spin animation making it appear as if he's spinning in reverse (spin also now speeds up relative to how fast he's going.)
- Fixed Lance not making any footstep sounds when stepping on stone.
- Turning off gamepad input actually turns off gamepad input now.
- Fix grass not being able to be cut after going into and leaving Lance's house.
- Game will no longer forget all the gamepads connected when going between rooms.
- Fixed where the game wouldn't recalculate its display configuration after reloading main.ini at runtime.
- Objects will no longer animate the first time you step into a new screen prior to the screen transition completing.
===== KNOWN BUGS =====
- Marcus gets stuck on walls and can't smoothly walk along them.
- When going to Marcus' Adventure and then to the Mode 7 Test Room, the floor is no longer drawn.
- Marcus' screen transition doesn't work in certain scenarios.
- Lance's shield does not attack enemies.
- When Lance runs out of health, nothing happens.
- When Lance is moving between screens, certain animations don't play correctly.
- The CRT Glow is broken in certain configurations.
- The exact scale you've collected can change between builds if the room was updated and more scales were added.
Thank you to the following Patrons as well as everyone who makes this possible:
Accalia, Shadow8t4, BeepSterr, BenTheDragon, Bizarre Machinist , David Wolfpaw, Caliburn Absolute, Chris Badger, Clover Arizona, Spyduck, Cloud Hop, Fao, FaultBat, Flake, FoxyDude, Nutalie Frost, Gri, Goronhead, Holly Hoppet, Holly 'Frinkel' Lotor, Jyrki, Hulex Fox, Kirbizard, Kaypar, Trash, LF, LexiTheTT, Lorxus, Luna, Luna Moona the Little Kahuna , Durk Vash, Markus Joseph Kitsinger , Marlyn, Maxine Red, Mello the Ferret, Midori, Nenekiri Bookwyrm, Axel Husky , NovaSquirrel, Otarine, Ripp_, Rix, Cam D'Arcy, Saxxon Fox, Ansel Geisel, Susan Tolias, Tabby Cromarty, Vivee, meerm, megaRammy, raine, SUSHiCLAWS
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.