021821 The Big Ability Update
Hey guys! Coming at you today with a pretty big update! In this update, you can now use all those pretty petals you've been collecting to purchase Lance's abilities. That's right, there are 2 new Active Abilities waiting for you and *several* Passive Abilities! This is the first time Lance's Passive Abilities have been implemented into the game. I hope you enjoy them!
All of this work is going toward releasing a public demo, which should be ready by next month. At this point, all I have to do is fix some bugs and fix whatever bugs people find in this build, and get stuff ready for the demo release. Please keep an eye out for that!
Here are the changes in this version:
===== NEW =====
- An on-screen guide to available controls is now presented in certain contexts (for instance, when opening the menu, the game will show how to navigate it.)
- The game will now show you how many Fish Scales you have whenever you collect a Fish Scale.
- You can now see some basic stats about Lance, the stages you've visited, and the game itself.
- Roxy can now sell you stuff! You'll have to find her though, but she's not hard to find.
- Lance's passive abilities are in! You don't start with any, but you can buy them from Roxy once you find her.
===== IMPROVED =====
- Improved the menu's compatibility with Marcus' Adventure.
- Willow's Save dialogue is implemented properly now.
===== RESTORED FEATURES =====
- The start screen menu now has music again.
- The option to change dialogue text speed has been restored.
- The option to change the font used for dialogue boxes has been restored.
- The option to enable different colors for health and magic to help color-blind people has been restored.
- Collected Fish Scales and LANCE letters now show on the screen (however, LANCE letters are not available to collect yet)
- Dialogue sounds have been restored.
===== CHANGED =====
- Objects you can inspect/talk to will now wait until you're closeby to show their button prompts.
- Changed the way that previously collected collectibles are displayed to make it easier to see them and also know they're already collected.
- Recovery fish found in the grass and dropped from enemies will now recover magic as well as health.
===== BUG FIXES =====
- Dialogue is now still properly drawn when resizing the window or minimizing it.
- The game window can no longer become bigger than the display (mainly on Linux.)
- It is no longer possible to crash the game by throwing the shield on the same frame as invoking a screen transition.
- All audio menus now work again.
- Fixed text not drawing properly on the intro screne if Internal Upscaling is disabled.
- Fixed screen transitions not drawing properly if Internal Upscaling is disabled.
- Fix grass randomization routine not running in certain scenarios.
===== KNOWN BUGS =====
- Marcus gets stuck on walls and can't smoothly walk along them.
- When going to Marcus' Adventure and then to the Mode 7 Test Room, the floor is no longer drawn.
- Marcus' screen transition doesn't work in certain scenarios.
- The CRT Glow is broken in certain configurations.
- The exact scale you've collected can change between builds if the room was updated and more scales were added.
Thanks to the following Patrons and everyone who supports me and helps make this possible:
Accalia, Shadow8t4, BeepSterr, BenTheDragon, Bizarre Machinist , David Wolfpaw, Caliburn Absolute, Chris Badger, Clover Arizona, Spyduck, Cloud Hop, Fao, FaultBat, Flake, FoxyDude, Nutalie Frost, Gri, Goronhead, Holly Hoppet, Holly 'Frinkel' Lotor, JD Laclede , Jyrki, Kaylex Deer , Hulex Fox, Kirbizard, Kaypar, Trash, LF, LexiTheTT, Luna, Luna Moona the Little Kahuna , Durk Vash, Markus Joseph Kitsinger , Marlyn, Maxine Red, Mello the Ferret, Midori, Nenekiri Bookwyrm, Axel Husky , NovaSquirrel, Otarine, Ripp_, Rix, Cam D'Arcy, SUSHiCLAWS, Saxxon Fox, Scylla-Leeezard , Ansel Geisel, Susan Tolias, Tabby Cromarty, Vivee, meerm, megaRammy, raine
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.