030321 Shield Cat
EDIT: A game breaking bug was found with the pause menu and a patch was uploaded to fix this. Please be sure you download 030321r1!!
Howdy! Coming at you today with a new build of Shield Cat as I work toward the March 12th demo! Here are the changes this one brings:
===== NEW =====
- Lance's thrown abilities now affect more objects, like the gear that extends the bridge.
- You can now investigate things in Lance's house.
- A new Grayscale mode has been added to the post processing effects.
- A new Retro Palette option has been added! Now you can play the game in limited color glory. Several color schemes are available so be sure to give it a look!
===== IMPROVED =====
- The game now closes a lot faster when you close the window.
- The CRT Filter has finally been fixed. Check it out!!
- Post Processing effects now stack as you would expect. For example, you can use the Bit Crush to reduce the color depth of the display, and then blur it using the CRT Blur effect.
===== CHANGED =====
- Moved Discord and Twitter links to the title screen menu.
- Menu controls now only show on the title screen, as by the time you get into the game you be aware of what buttons do what.
===== BUG FIXES =====
- Adjusted the hitbox and related collision code on the Shield to fix issues when using the "Wave" upgrade.
- Prevent Lance's dropped petals from counting again and artificially boosting the total Petal count.
- Fixed an issue where inputs would become stuck if the window was inactive, causing the game to act as if it's still receiving the input.
- Fixed a memory leak issue where the game would not properly clean up dynamic resources when leaving a stage, causing them to build up and eventually crash the game.
- The camera in Marcus' Adventure works correctly again.
- Fixed pausing issue in Marcus' Adventure where sprites were still being drawn.
- Fixed an issue where the water in the Lake Challenge minigame wouldn't be drawn in certain scenarios.
- Fixed an issue where Supporter text on the intro screen could be confined to a very skinny column on hi-res monitors.
- Fixed an issue where Lance would wobble when standing between two fully extended bridges.
- Fixed display of the current brightness value as well as default selected when going into the submenu to change the brightness.
- Fixed a bug where Lance would receive a much larger offset when walking into corners than he should have when not using Movetech abilities (sorry speedrunners)
- Fixed a bug where Lance's increased walking speed wouldn't be reduced when walking directly into a wall.
===== KNOWN BUGS =====
- The exact scale you've collected can change between builds if the stage was updated and more scales were added.
Thank you to the following people and everyone who supports me and makes this all possible!
Accalia, Shadow8t4, BeepSterr, BenTheDragon, Bizarre Machinist , David Wolfpaw, Caliburn Absolute, Chris Badger, Clover Arizona, Spyduck, Cloud Hop, Fao, FaultBat, Flake, FoxyDude, Nutalie Frost, Gri, Goronhead, Holly Hoppet, Holly 'Frinkel' Lotor, JD Laclede , Jyrki, Kaylex Deer , Hulex Fox, Kirbizard, Kaypar, Trash, LF, LexiTheTT, Luna, Luna Moona the Little Kahuna , Durk Vash, Markus Joseph Kitsinger , Marlyn, Maxine Red, Mello the Ferret, Midori, Nenekiri Bookwyrm, Axel Husky , NovaSquirrel, Otarine, Ripp_, Rix, Cam D'Arcy, SUSHiCLAWS, Saxxon Fox, Scylla-Leeezard , Ansel Geisel, Susan Tolias, Tabby Cromarty, Vivee, meerm, megaRammy, raine
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.