030921 Shield Cat
Here we go! The final demo build that I will be presenting in a few days. Unless any major bugs are found, this is it! I wont be adding any new features or anything until after the demo. I hope everyone likes it! Here are the patch notes
===== NEW =====
- There is now an option when changing the font to reset the font preference to its default value.
- Video Presets are now available to make video configuration much easier.
- Lance's portrait on the top left has been revamped and now has the full range of expressions it had before.
- The ability indicators in the bottom right actually indicate what ability you have equipped now.
- Stream/Content Sharing message has been added to the game, as well as game credits.
- There is now an option to show controls. While it is open, press a direction on any input device to show input for that device.
- There is now a title screen graphic! I'll replace it sometime in the future but it's nice to have one.
- Enhanced rumble has been added! If you have a supported gamepad, you'll be able to feel the difference.
- Lance can now go into his house and go to bed and go to sleep.
- There is now a Cat Coin counter on the UI that shows how many you have in the current room.
- A font preview window pane has been added in the bottom right corner so you can see what a font looks like before picking it.
- Lance's stats and current play time have been added to the main menu in the bottom right corner.
===== IMPROVED =====
- Debug Text now draws upscaled depending on how large the display is.
- The way blur is configured is now different. You can now control the blur level for ALL blur used in the game, and enable different effects separately. This also allows you to use the CRT Blur shader at lower quality
- Changes to the blur shaders have been made to make them a lot quicker.
- If Escape is pressed while a menu is open, it will now close the menu.
- Button prompts will now only show when you can actually interact with an object.
- Dialogue boxes have been enhanced with additional sounds and visuals.
===== CHANGED =====
- Birds have been quieted down some.
- Music and ambient sound settings have been changed for some areas (notably, at the end of the demo where Roxy is)
- Changed Debug Overlay enable message to show inside the game, instead of popping up a separate message box.
===== BUG FIXES =====
- Fixed an issue where some environment data was missing.
- Adjusted environment collision map to prevent falling into a pit hidden by a tree.
- Fixed a bug where causing a vibration that is received by the gamepad and then immediately switching to keyboard input would cause the gamepad to vibrate indefinitely.
- Fixed screen transitions in 4:3 mode.
- Fixed scroll wheel not cycling choices in dialogue question prompts.
- Fixed a bug where Lance's sub states were not cleared properly when falling into a pit.
- Weird dialogue quirks regarding text showing from previous lines or text not scrolling properly have been fixed.
- Fixed a bug where pausing while in the Dagger Throw Prep state would cause Lance to keep the pose and not ever throw the dagger.
- Fixed an issue where keyboard input could linger after the window lost focus.
- Fixed issue where game window would re-center itself when moving between areas (mainly on Linux.)
- Fixed an issue where keyboard input could linger if the window changed size or position.
- Fixed a bug where the game would increment play time during screen transitions, when it is not supposed to.
- Fixed a bug where abilities were still being processed when hitting enemies who had already recently been hit.
- Lance's chimney now shows outside his house properly.
- Fixed a bug where Lance couldn't throw a shield or dagger if cards were on the screen.
- Fixed a bug where reading a sign and getting hit by an enemy would allow you to walk around while time is frozen.
- All object reflections should now be fixed and should no longer flicker (let me know if you see any misaligned reflections or flickering reflections, or objects that do not reflect.)
- Fixed bug where Lance's backward skid over certain environment types wouldn't produce a vibration.
- Fixed bug where Lance reappearing after falling into a pit doesn't vibrate.
- Fixed a bug where hovering with the mouse could allow you to highlight dialogue question options that don't actually exist.
- Lance can no longer take damage after getting a game over.
- Fixed improper screen transition after Lance gets a game over.
- Lance's state is now properly reset when going in and out of his house.
- Birds can no longer spawn inside of walls.
- Formatting of save data on the title screen has been corrected.
- Fixed an issue where the font selection menu wouldn't highlight the current font by default, nor would it remember your position on the previous menu.
- Fixed bug where you could open the debug menu on the title screen.
===== KNOWN BUGS =====
- The exact scale you've collected can change between builds if the stage was updated and more scales were added.
Thank you to everyone who's been testing the preview builds to get this demo ready to go and help me make sure everything can go as smoothly as possible! Also thank you to the following supporters and everyone who supports me: Accalia, Shadow8t4, BeepSterr, BenTheDragon, Bizarre Machinist , David Wolfpaw, Caliburn Absolute, Chris Badger, Clover Arizona, Spyduck, Cloud Hop, Fao, FaultBat, Flake, FoxyDude, Nutalie Frost, Gri, Goronhead, Holly 'Frinkel' Lotor, JD Laclede , Jyrki, Kaylex Deer , Hulex Fox, Kirbizard, Kaypar, Trash, LF, LexiTheTT, Luna, Luna Moona the Little Kahuna , Durk Vash, Markus Joseph Kitsinger , Marlyn, Maxine Red, Mello the Ferret, Midori, Nenekiri Bookwyrm, Axel Husky , NovaSquirrel, Otarine, Ripp_, Cam D'Arcy, SUSHiCLAWS, Saxxon Fox, Scylla-Leeezard , Ansel Geisel, Susan Tolias, Tabby Cromarty, Vivee, meerm, megaRammy, raine
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.