031521 Shield Cat Update
Howdy! Coming at you today with some small changes, bug fixes, and QoL improvements to the demo! Here are the changes:
===== IMPROVED =====
- Menu navigation has some visual polish on it now, where it'll flip into view as well as flip for different menu pages.
- The game will now automatically disable VSync if it detects it's not maintaining 60fps. A message will be shown if this happens.
- You will now be locked in the room that has the locked gate until you unlock the gate.
- A message will now be shown if you insert a gamepad that the game has no configuration for to let you know that it couldn't be automatically configured.
- When the option to reset the speedrun with F2 is enabled, the game will now automatically ask whenever you get a game over if you want to restart.
- Temporary collectibles like Pretty Petals will now respawn if you step back into the room you've just left, but you gotta turn around right away and get them!
- A border has been added around the speedrun clock to allow it to be more easily visible.
- Collectibles which have already been collected now more strongly indicate that they have already been collected.
- General improvements have been made to the UI including animations and particle effects.
- Indicators have been added when more menu pages are available than the one you're currently looking at.
- Roxy now has a shop sign to make it clearer what she's doing there.
- Some dialogue has been changed to for clarity.
- The dialogue text colors have been adjusted for easier reading.
===== CHANGED =====
- A Mouse Mode option has been added under Keyboard input. You can choose to have the mouse either control Lance's abilities or move Lance around.
- Any input from the mouse will now switch on-screen input suggestions to Keyboard.
- The grandfather clock in Lance's house no longer stops when you're reading books etc.
- Text formatting has been changed on the info panel for the difficulty settings.
===== BUG FIXES =====
- Fixed a bug where the game would softlock if you used any menu while Lance was falling.
- Fixed a bug where VSync settings were not being applied properly.
- Fixed a bug where dropped petals would count twice if the Double Money passive was enabled.
- "Skip Intros" will now properly prevent skipping the intro if trying to load a file from a future version of Shield Cat.
- Fixed bug with music when leaving the end demo screen.
- It is no longer possible to try to select question responses with the mouse during dialogue sequences.
- The Cat Coin counter at the bottom of the screen now correctly shows what coins you have when you next start the game.
- Fixed bug where VSync message would come up if you continuously went through doorways (aka entering and leaving Lance's house multiple times in a row.)
===== KNOWN BUGS =====
- The exact scale you've collected can change between builds if the stage was updated and more scales were added.
Thank you to the following patrons and everyone who makes this possible!
Accalia, Shadow8t4, BeepSterr, BenTheDragon, Bizarre Machinist , David Wolfpaw, Caliburn Absolute, Chris Badger, Clover Arizona, Spyduck, Cloud Hop, Fao, FaultBat, Flake, FoxyDude, Nutalie Frost, Gri, Goronhead, Holly 'Frinkel' Lotor, JD Laclede , Jyrki, LanceCharge, Kaylex Deer , Hulex Fox, Kirbizard, Kaypar, Trash, LF, LexiTheTT, Luna, Luna Moona the Little Kahuna , Durk Vash, phantomsqueaks, Markus Joseph Kitsinger , Marlyn, Maxine Red, Mello the Ferret, Midori, Nenekiri Bookwyrm, Axel Husky , NovaSquirrel, Otarine, Ripp_, Cam D'Arcy, SUSHiCLAWS, Saxxon Fox, Scylla-Leeezard , Ansel Geisel, Susan Tolias, Tabby Cromarty, Vivee, Kazy, meerm, megaRammy, raine
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.